1. Irish Moss Paste gives a creamy, light texture to raw food desserts:
You may imitate fluffy cheese cake fillings or without use of eggs, heavy cream, or yogurt. Raw Food cakes lighten up, because you cut back on cashew cream, coconut oil or any other oily rich ingredient.
For the recipe: In your high speed blender add all ingredients and add the Irish Moss Paste at the very end. If your dish calls for cacao butter, which has to be warmed up, add the Irish Moss before the Cacao Butter.
2. Irish Moss Paste can be used to firm up raw desserts:
Firming up a raw dessert can be achieved by adding coconut oil, cacao butter or nut-cream and stored in the refrigerator or freezer; however, if you want to stay on the calorie-low side, add Irish Moss Paste. The gelatin property in the Moss firms up faster and keeps the cream in shape, even when you remove it from the fridge.
For the recipe: It will take about an hour to firm up your dish, better you keep it for a few hours in the fridge (mocked whipped cream made from cashews: 4 hours in the fridge)
3. Irish Moss Paste replaces some of the fat in dressings and sauces:
Irish Moss Paste’s emollient qualities keep the salad dressings light and creamy, cream cheese clean and light, Ice cream, and the paste can also be added to veggienaise, mayonnaise, salsas, and even hummus. Therefore Irish Moss is a wonderful low calorie weight maintenance tool.
For the recipe: replace the equal amount of oil, coconut butter, or dairy with Irish Moss Paste.
4. Makes smoothies extra thick and creamy
Who does not like a yummy creamy smoothie or nut milk?
For the recipe: Add 1/2 to 1 TBSP of Irish Moss Paste per 1 cup of liquid to your nut milk or smoothie. If you prepare a chocolate based smoothie you might need to adjust the sweetener.
5. Irish Moss Paste is a simple beautifying gel:
- Add to your shampoo to make it extra smooth and creamy
- Add to your shower gel to add an extra lathering and skin friendly property
- Facial Mask: relax with a layer of 2-3 TBSP of pure Irish Moss Paste on the cleaned face, the minerals and moisture will rejuvenate the skin and give it the healthy glow. 20 minutes is good time to find peace.
- Hair replenish: into the damp hair massage 3-4 TBSP of pure Irish Moss Paste and wrap with a towel. Rinse after 10 min or keep longer, the hair will re-mineralize and the moss helps to detoxify the scalp.
- Apply on skin rash, dry or damaged skin, aching feet, dry skin: always apply on clean skin if possible and rinse with cool or lukewarm water.
Dry Moss should always be stored in a dark cool place, it does not need to be sealed in the pouch bag. The salt is a natural preservative and the moss will not get bad. Never store dry Moss in the fridge, it is too moist and the salt crystals will not be able to protect the moss. You may keep your moss for good over a year.
Soaked hydrated Moss should be stored in the fridge. Use a clean glass jar or bowl and change the water every day and it will keep fresh up to 2 weeks, but will loose with time a little of its gelling property.
Irish Moss paste will keep fresh in the fridge for 2 weeks. Make sure that you use a clean glass jar with a lid and use always a clean spoon.
Irish Moss paste can also be frozen. It is convenient to use an ice cube tray and fill it with Irish Moss paste. When it is completely frozen, wrap it in a pouch bag, don’t keep it open. It is very convenient to have the portion size moss ready on hand when needed.